State Representative Lee Hein, Iowa House District 31
eMail–>Lee Hein’s home<–eMail
eMail–>State Representative Lee Hein<–eMail
- Returning the state to a physical, fiscal sound position by keeping expenditures below revenue levels.
- Decentralizing control of school funding.
- Working to stop placing requirements on school districts without allocating the associated funding. [Unfunded mandates]
- Developing favorable business environments to retain quality jobs in the state and stop the brain drain.
- Grew up in the Monticello community
- Graduate of Monticello high school
- Married to wife Jackie for 26 years
- Two children: Amy graduated from Iowa State and enrolled in law school at University of Iowa. Ben a junior at Iowa State.
- Completed two years at Iowa State
- Assumed responsibility of the family farm at age 25.
- Served on the Monticello School Board for nine years [5 years as president]
- President of the Jones County Pork Producers
- President of the Iowa Farm Business Association
- Pork Producers and Cattlemen’s Association
- Cedar Valley Farm Business Association
- St. Matthews Church