- Return the state to a physical, fiscal sound position by keeping expenditures below revenue levels.
- Decentralized control of school funding.
- Stop placing requirements on school districts without allocating the associated funding. [Unfunded mandates]
- Develop a favorable business environment to retain quality jobs in the state and stop the brain drain.
- Find a long-term funding solution to water quality.
- Graduate of Monticello High School
- Married to his wife Jacky for 34 years
- Two children: Amy and Ben
- Amy lives in Charlotte with her husband, Nate, and daughter, Caroline, where she practices law.
- Ben works on the family farm and for JBS Pork. His wife, Whitney, works for Tri-Oak Pork.
- Completed two years at Iowa State
- Assumed responsibility of the family farm at age 25
- Served on the Monticello School Board for nine years; 5 years as president
- President of the Jones County Pork Producers
- President of the Iowa Farm Business Association
- Elected State Representative in 2010, 2012, 2014, & 2016
- Iowa House Agriculture Committee Chair
- Pork Producers and Cattlemen’s Association
- Corn Growers and Soybean Association
- Cedar Valley Farm Business Association
- St. Matthews Church